Tuesday 5 August 2014

Update to Another Trad Behaving Badly Bandwagon: The Sign of Peace and My Two Cents

UPDATE 07/08/2014

The TBB blogger decided to cover up evidence of his actions and smear against me, and deleted the posting. However, do not be fooled to think this was done in charity, but rather legal ``covering one`s mule.`` This has happened on a number of occasions on that blog, so it cannot be taken as a sign of charity.

This post, however, is staying up, and no bullying of any friends of mine, especially clergy, will have it taken down. My blog, my posts. And don`t even try leaving me an internet version of flaming excrement via the comment box, with any sort of comments you know I will not post. Your allies included.

_______________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone.

First off, an update to the posting about the CDWDS issuing that urging, NOT ORDER, of the restoration of dignity to the sign of peace in a number of ways.

Toronto's very own Catholic Register decided to, surprisingly, cover this issue. You may view the article here. More importantly, I finally found a PDF copy of the said letter, translated in English! Kudos to the Pray Tell Blog. The link is here: http://www.praytellblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/CL_on_SOP.pdf
Turns out with an actual copy, the true issuing date for the letter is July 12, 2014, just almost a month ago.

Secondly, it seems one of the TBBs I was referring to, just doesn't seem to like my stance on things. The response was juvenile and hypocritical, not what is expected of a true Traditionalist Catholic. I won't be saying who, as there is no need to send more blog hits their way. However, the response was to detract against my character by telling me to go seek spiritual counselling.

Well, you know you are carrying on the fight for the Kingdom when you are being hated upon. However, in light of the comment, I offer a verse of Scripture, and some reflection against that barb of stinging need for spiritual counselling. From the Gospel of Matthew 7:3-5 (NRSV):

"3 Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?  4 Or how can you say to your neighbor, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while the log is in your own eye?  5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye."

After reading the passage, here are some questions one should consider before leveling the charge of "needing spiritual counselling": Are you, seeking your own regular spiritual counselling? Is this counselor someone who is simply not just stroking your own ego, but is truly making you reflect on how to better serve the Lord? As the Gospel passages speaks to everyone, are you Scott-free of spiritual errors and sin as Christ were, whereby you are deemed fit to judge my spiritual condition and salvation? Are you someone with the charism of discernment of spirits, where it is the Holy Spirit's gift to you, or you are an ordained clergy member who is more fit to assess the state of your soul or spiritual constitution by virtue of Holy Orders?

If one cannot answer Yes to all these questions, then to use the famous quote of our Holy Father, "Who am I to judge?"

One might want to think about those questions the next time you are tempted to tell someone a non-suggestive, loving order for spiritual counselling, unless it is out of a true, fraternal love akin to family staging an intervention for a drug-addicted member. Such attacks like that, are NOT out of true, fraternal love. I think though, that Christ's words are enough to get my main point across and demonstrate the futility of such comments from bloggers.

And one more note. I certainly am not keen to be a TBB. Let's us good Traditionalists be Glad Trads, their polar opposite! I'll be happily working to better myself on my own with the Lord, without such a hypocritical suggestion, thanks.

[Updated Aug 6, 2014.]

Well that concludes this business. On to other things now .... Pax, Julian.

No comments:

Post a Comment